Monday, December 19, 2016

Day 1: 24 Hour Postponement

It was my intention to write today about Somme American Cemetery and the surrounding battlefields near Bony, France. However after an unfortunate medical event last Friday morning, I was stuck in a hospital in Amberg, Germany all weekend and unable to start the trip this morning as scheduled.

My epic battlefield adventure is going to go on, just a day later than planned. I am going to hit every destination previously planned, just in a different order and with a little less rest in between each stop. Between brain and heart scans, I spent the weekend rearranging the itinerary to make sure this trip is still meeting my goals.

Thank you to the many family and friends that have reached out to myself and Julie while I've been hospitalized. We have a great network of wonderful people all around the world. It is comforting to know that they are always looking out for us during times of uncertainty. As for my health, there is quite a bit more testing to be done and answers to be sought. For now though, I'm just glad to be out of the hospital and back on track for this adventure.

My next report will come from the front lines of World War I and the Battle of The Bulge.

No comments:

Post a Comment