Thursday, April 4, 2013

One American Soldier's View on North Korea

So guess what I did tonight...I played some trivia at a local watering hole.

It's one of those things we get to do in a free country. You may not have heard of it, North Korea. It is a time on a random Wednesday night in any month of our calendar where we go to a local place that serves delicious drinks. We converse with friends discussing those things that make us laugh about our daily lives. You know why? Because we can. We're free to do what we want, and think what we please. Then we discuss the trivia topic at hand. This week's topic was American War History. It is a subject that interests me greatly.

Though I was humbled by only scoring 3rd place (due to technicalities), it also reminded me again why I hate your country. Yes. I hate North Korea. I work for the government of the United States, and I am confident enough with my job security to claim that I "HATE" North Korea.

Let me tell you why...

1. Your Leader: Here in America we have a democratically elected leader. Some people love President Obama, others hate him. Whether WE THE PEOPLE like him or not though, he is our leader and we will stand by him and the American ideology that we as a people have adopted. And if we don't like his opinion guess what we are allowed to do... If we do not like the stance we can change it in 4 years. Jealous, North Korea? You do not have that option. You will never have that opinion because of the pathetic policies of your ignorant leadership.

2. Peace First: Although the last 12 years have been marked by destructive and deadly warfare, America's international diplomacy has been marked by the ability to draw up peace. The cold war was 30 years of non stop negotiating to devise a peace and avoid a destructive nuclear war with Russia. It is the exact same type of nuclear war that you foolishly think you can "win." There are no winners in nuclear war. Read a book someday and you will realize that based on the events of August 1945. Oh wait, you don't allow books.

The Great Seal of the United States looks toward the olive branch for a reason. Let me tell you why. Back in the day it used to look toward the arrows, a sign of hostility and aggression. However after realizing the devastation of the Atomic Bomb on Japan, and the massive loss of life and failed alternatives, President Harry Truman changed the seal to have the eagle's head look towards the olive branch first...a sign of peace. We learned from our mistakes. Have you ever done that, North Korea? You have not.

Peace. That is not something you would not know much about. Although you have remained generally at peace with the people of the South, you have been nothing but a torture ever since the cease fire of 1953. You have generally kept at bay since then, however your threats and continued confrontations and threats to break the peace have not gone unnoticed. Time and a gain you find a reason to take the lives of South Koreans.

3. The United States Stands Behind Our Allies: I have never met the North Korean people on the field of battle. In fact, I have only spent about 9 months in combat against the forces of the enemies of the United States of America. However I can tell you now that should you soon, or ever, attempt to breach that dedicated line...we'll be waiting. Since 1778 and the arrival of the French to help protect our freedoms, we have steadfastly held the lines in defense of the nations that have defended our own interests, and subsequently they have defended ours.

Listen, North Korea...I am looking forward to completing my time in another thing you have never heard of...an ALL VOLUNTEER MILITARY. I have a lot of plans for what I want to do after my time serving the needs of my country. However, should you choose to have a change of plans, I'll be waiting. I have a great set of skills and I would love to show you what I have learned. I have some really cool toys. I would not mind showing you how they work. You mock us in your videos for "every citizen owning a gun"...well why don't you come over here and test our lines. I'd put my average citizen up against your pathetic excuse for a national army any day.

So this to you North Korea:




Until next time...waiting on North Korea to make the next move...Stand down, or stand behind your words...

Chris Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment